The first source of heat for an LED light is its chip. The LED lamp uses the principle of solid-state lighting. Its basic material is a chip, and the chip of the LED lamp will generate about 30% of the electro-optical conversion efficiency during operation, and the remaining 70% of the electrical energy will be converted into heat energy.
The source of heat for the second LED light is its driver circuit.
The driving circuit of the LED lamp is to convert the alternating current into a constant current or current-limiting DC power supply suitable for the LED chip. There are many electronic components in the driving circuit, and these components need to consume power during operation, and these consumed Electricity will eventually be converted into heat.
Therefore, if the excessive heat energy cannot be dealt with in time, when the ambient temperature of the LED lamp exceeds 70°C, the LED lamp will experience light decay, or even be burned out. The reason why incandescent lamps are higher than LED lamps is that incandescent lamps have a much lower electro-optical conversion rate than LED lamps. Incandescent lamps generate light through the principle of high temperature heating, so incandescent lamps emit a lot of heat when they work. If you don't solve the problem of heat dissipation when modifying LED lights, then even if you buy the best LED lights, all your previous efforts may be in vain.
However, in many cases, the heat dissipation problem of LED lamps is mainly affected by the size of the original lampshade of the car. If the size of the original lampshade is manufactured in accordance with the installation specifications of halogen lamps, and the option of LED lamp is not included in the configuration options of your model, then since the volume of the halogen lamp is smaller than that of the LED lamp, the original lampshade When designing the structure, there may not be much space reserved for the LED lights to be modified.
To sum up, when we choose to modify LED lights, in addition to choosing genuine LED lights, we should also consider how to solve its heat dissipation problem, especially the heat dissipation structure of the lampshade, and this is also a qualified car modification master. The first step that should be thought of when retrofitting. After all, temperature is the primary factor affecting the service life of LED lights.